If you’re looking for an affordable treadmill to run (or maybe walk) indoors but don’t have much space, you may want to have a look at York’s T600.
So, check this York T600 treadmill review to decide whether it’s the right exercise machine for you.
York T600 Treadmill Review: Summary
The York T600 treadmill has compact dimensions and is quite affordable, making it a perfect choice for running at home, especially if you don’t go to the gym often. Also, having this compact treadmill can be a space-saving solution if you have a home-based gym.
And besides the 36 programs available, this model has a sturdier running deck compared to older ones. Also, York took the True Cushion suspension technology to a new level with the York T600 treadmill.
- The model has small dimensions, making it a perfect fit for a home gym, as it can save a lot of space.
- The York T600 has wheels under its hydraulic-assisted running deck, which provide you with a quick and easy way to transport your treadmill.
- Multiple statistics on this LED screen help you track your progress. And the buttons are well-coordinated, making the console very practical.
- The York T600 treadmill offers 36 pre-set programs, three USER programs, and one BMI program.
- With the True Cushion suspension, the running deck on this model feels much more comfortable compared to the outside terrains, such as asphalt, concrete, etc.
- You get a lifetime warranty on the deck and frame, two years on the high-torque motor, and one year for other parts.
- The T600’s engine can provide a continuous power of up to 2.5 hp, but you can find other treadmills in the same price range that offer more speed.
- The space for the phone holder is on the console, below the LED screen, which can be quite inconvenient when using buttons.
- The handlebars on the York T600 treadmill are pretty thin, so they don’t seem as stable as on other models.
View York T600 Treadmill
York T600 Treadmill: In-Depth Review
Although the York T600 treadmill has a lower price than most similar treadmills, it still offers multiple positive features with minimal drawbacks.
Here are the features of the York T600 that make it stand out from others.
The T600 is among the smallest York treadmills available. Its dimensions are 128 cm in height, 65 cm in width, and 153 cm in length. In combination with its low weight of approximately 70 kg and practical design, this model is one of the most compact models you can find.
Therefore, it’s undoubtedly a perfect choice if you want to have a practical treadmill in the comfort of your home but save some space in your room. And you can put it away much easier and faster.
The York T600 console has a slick-looking LED display with the following well-coordinated buttons that you can see below the display:
- M: It lets you choose the preferred mode. The available modes are the normal mode, the distance countdown mode, and the calorie countdown mode. This button can also serve as a reset option when using one of the 36 automatic training programs.
- P: This button represents programs. You can select from P0, which lets you choose one of the three USER programs.
- Start: As the name implies, this lets you start the treadmill, but you can also use it to pause it if it’s activated.
- Stop: It lets you slowly stop the treadmill.
- Plus Sign: You can use the ’’+’’ button to increase the speed or select the preferred parameters when setting up programs.
- Minus Sign: You can use the “-“ button to decrease the speed or choose the preferred parameters when setting up programs.
Also, multiple other statistic trackers are available in the middle of the screen. These trackers include distance, pulse, calories burned, and speed.
View York T600 Treadmill
Compared to most other treadmills, the York T600 treadmill has built-in wheels for transportation, making it easier to move around. Hence, all you need to do is disconnect the treadmill from the power socket, fold the running deck, and move it.
The running deck of York’s T600 model has an area of 120 cm in length and 40 cm in width, providing a decent space. Besides being soft and foldable, the running deck also comes with True Cushion suspension technology.
Since stability is a crucial factor when choosing a treadmill, the True Cushion suspension provides a great way to drastically reduce the shock impact of running compared to outside surfaces.
The York T600 treadmill uses a high torque motor of 1.25 hp, with a maximum of 2.5 hp. You can increase the speed up to 13 km/h. Although this lightweight motor provides decent power, you can find much stronger treadmills.
However, the continuous power motor on T600 can still offer a challenging running speed without being loud. Hence, you don’t need to worry about making too much noise while running indoors.
Unlike other treadmills in this price range or even more expensive ones, this treadmill has considerably more workout programs. In fact, it boasts 36 pre-set programs.
There are also three USER programs that you can set up for easy use, so you don’t have to set up programs every time you’re running.
In addition, the York T600 treadmill offers a BMI program. This program lets you set specific parameters, such as gender, age, height, and weight. And by choosing all the parameters in the BMI program, you can keep track of your current body fat rate while running.
The York T600 can reach up to 13 km/h, which is quite impressive compared to the 12 km/h top speed of other treadmills at this price point.
And with the “+” and “-“ buttons, you can manually increase or decrease the speed quickly from 1 to 13, which offers great flexibility.
Outline beams on the sides and under the deck are made of steel, making this model able to hold much more weight than you’d expect from other treadmills with small dimensions. Even with a sturdy build, the York T600 weighs about 70 kg and supports a maximum of 110 kg, so it’s suitable for most users.
The console contains space for quick keys that you can use to instantly halt the deck and stop running, making it much safer, especially for indoor running.
In addition, you’ll find a spacious bottle holder that makes running even more convenient, so you won’t need to leave when thirsty. On top of that, the console has holes right below the LED screen that you can use as a phone holder.
The York T600 treadmill has a lifetime warranty on the frame and running deck, two years on the motor, and one year on other parts.
We would have preferred it if it had an extended warranty on the motor, like the Sole F80 by Sole Fitness, for example.
The York T600 treadmill doesn’t come pre-set, but the process of setting it up is straightforward and can be done quite fast.
You’ll just need to use hex bolts when connecting the console, handlebars, posts (steel beams), and deck. Then, make sure all the communication wires are connected. We suggest you check the instructions from the York T600 user manual so you don’t accidentally miss anything essential. You’d also find pictures that’d help you connect the wires easily.
So that was our take on the York T600 treadmill. Being affordable, compact, and low-noise, it’s perfect for home use.
It also has some decent features that make it stand out from other products in this price range, such as a solid engine, user-friendly console, various programs, and a cushion suspension running deck.
View York T600 Treadmill